Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC), June 2021
CCEPC course conducted by IAPC
IAPC’s Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC) was launched in November 2017 in 12 centers across the country; and is currently being delivered in 41 centers across the country.
This is a basic course in palliative care for doctors and nurses, and aims to inculcate the principles of palliative care in every day practice for doctors and nurses to improve patient care through proper communication and effective management of difficult symptoms.
The course has 2 components: Part A and Part B.
Successful completion of Part A will make one eligible:
- To understand basic concepts of PC.
- To teach and train others on how to manage difficult symptoms including intractable pain.
- Make you confident and empowered to handle difficult questions or situations that you will encounter in everyday practice.
Part B is more practical oriented, though optional. Successful completion of this segment will:
- Provide you with an opportunity to have a hands-on understanding of the concept of pain and symptom management.
- Enable you to effectively manage a patient who is on opioids as emphasis will be given on teaching opioid titration.
- Make you eligible for obtaining an RMI certificate for your organisation.
The course is currently being offered virtually, due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19.
Course Fee for the batch of June 2021
The course fee includes training fee, course materials and examination fee.
- Attendance is mandatory for all sessions.
- Classes can be attended virtually, however the online examination will need to be taken from the nearest IAPC authorised course center.
- It is essential to attend the online examinations using a windows powered laptop or desktop, as the examination platform does not support Android phones or tablets, Apple phones, laptops, ipads any other gadgets. Please note that smartphones, tablets and ipads are therefore not compatible for the examination platform.
The brochure provides further details of the course.