Announcements / Messages from IAPC
Update from the IAPC’s virtual AGBM, held on Friday, 12th November, 2021
92 of our members participated in the IAPC’s virtual Annual General Body Meeting (AGBM) held on Friday, 12th November, 2021, between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.
Key highlights from the meeting as below:
- The house consented to conduct online elections for the posts of the IAPC’s office bearers on 21st January 2022.
- Dr Sushma Bhatnagar, President, IAPC, welcomed the audience. Dr Savita Butola, Secretary, IAPC, then presented the IAPC’s Activity Report. The IAPC’s Financial Report was presented next by Dr Deepa Kerkatta Khurana, Treasurer, IAPC. This was followed with Dr Raghavendra Ramanjalu, Editor, IJPC, presenting (pre-recorded) the house with an update from the Indian Journal of Palliative Care (IJPC).
- Dr Anjum Khan, organising secretary, IAPCON 2022 presented an update of the preparations currently underway for the conference.
- Dr Nagesh Simha presented to the house a proposal for IAPCON 2023. The proposal was approved by the AGBM. IAPCON 2023 will be a physical conference and will be held at the Nimhans Convention Center in Bengaluru between 10th February, 2023 and 12th February, 2023.
- Please note that Proposals are invited for IAPCON 2024. Those interested are requested to email their proposal to email@example.com
Thank you participants for your time in attending the conference and for sharing your valuable thoughts and opinions aimed towards guiding the future of IAPC.
IAPC’s Election notification (2022)
The elections for the office bearers of IAPC will be held online on 21st January, 2022.
Elections will be held for the following posts:
- President, IAPC (2022 – 2025)
- Secretary, IAPC (Secretary Elect from 2022 – 2023; Secretary from 2023 – 2026)
- Central Council Members (2022 – 2024)
- North Zone (2 members)
- North – East Zone (2 members)
- East Zone (2 members)
- South Zone (2 members)
- West Zone (1 vacancy for one year [2022 – 2023]*; 1 vacancy for two years [2022 – 2024])
- * The term for this post was extended by 1 year due to no elections being held last year. The vacancy will therefore be for the remaining one year.
Please note the Important dates for the upcoming IAPC Elections
- Election Announcement: 19th November, 2021
- Last date to submit online nomination: 16th December, 2021
- Last date to withdraw nomination: 14th January, 2022
- Election date: 21st January, 2022
Interested candidates to email the scanned copy of the signed and completed nomination form to the Secretary, IAPC, at firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 p.m. on 16th December, 2021. Nominations submitted to any other email address will not be accepted.
Please note that Applicants must use one form for one nomination. Please click here for further details and to download the application form.
Update: Last chance to submit abstracts and register for the quiz at IAPCON 2022
We are happy to report that the organising team of IAPCON 2022, Jaipur, is working in full swing to deliver a world class conference for us.
Dr Anjum Khan, organising secretary, IAPCON 2022, along with her team, have provided researchers with an opportunity to present their work to the world as they have extended the last date for submission of abstracts to 15th December, 2021.
The conference organisers have also announced that the winner from the best oral presentation will get an excellent opportunity to publish their work in the very respected BMJ Supportive and Palliative Care Journal after an internal peer review process.
Conference participants will be treated to an interesting and a comprehensive session on ‘Recent evidence on psychosocial issues in palliative care’ which will be delivered by a stellar faculty group composed of Dr Chitra Venkateswaran, Dr Jayita Deodhar, Dr Seema Rajesh Rao and Dr Soumitra Datta.
The organising team is also excited to announce that registrations are now open for the much awaited Inter Zonal Quiz competition. Dr Shrenik Ostwal will be the quiz master for this energy packed quiz. The Organising team also shares that each team this year will include one nurse.
The conference is scheduled to be held between Friday, the 11th to Sunday, the 13th February 2022. Pre-conference workshops will be organized on Thursday, 10th February, 2022.
Hurry and submit your abstracts before Wednesday, 15th December, 2021, and register for the electrifying quiz competition!!
Please visit the conference website for further details.
The IJPC’s July – September 2021 issue is now LIVE!
The Indian Journal of Palliative Care (IJPC) has released their July – September 2021 issue. Click here to read this interesting issue.
Update your details in the IAPC’s National PC Directory!
We are in the process of updating the IAPC’s National PC directory and we absolutely CANNOT do that WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT!
We request you to please check and update (existing centers) or add (for new centers) the relevant details by clicking here.
Once you click on the link,
- Please select the State from the drop down menu to check details of your center.
- Then choose to either update details of an existing center OR add the relevant details for a new center by clicking on the button provided in the right column of the web page.
- Once completed, please click the ‘Submit’ button to record your responses.
Your invaluable support towards creating an updated directory (State Wise) will ensure that no patient is left behind and help improve access to palliative care services.
So common, do your bit to help someone in need!