A Workshop on Psychosocial care in chronic illness (non oncology)
The IAPC’S Online workshop on the Psychosocial Aspects of providing care to patients with Non-Oncological Conditions in a Palliative Care setting will be launched with a new Batch starting on Saturday, 9th October, 2021, on the occasion of the World Hospice and Palliative Care Day.
Chronic illnesses affect the body as well as the mind. The stress induced by a worsening disease or a life-limiting condition can trigger psychological morbidity. The content of the course is curated to facilitate participants to understand the psychosocial and spiritual issues, and the coping mechanisms impacting the quality of life of the patients and the care givers in the palliative care setting.
- The psycho-social-spiritual aspects of patients and their caregivers
- The importance of impactful communication during prognostication, disease modifying treatment and transition of goals of care
- Relevance of psychological interventions in palliative care setting
- Different coping mechanisms employed by patients /care givers
- Different psycho social spiritual interventions
Who can apply?
This program will be useful for Doctors, Nurses, Counsellors and Social Workers.
- Doctors qualified in MBBS or BDS
- Nurses qualified in BSc Nursing or GNM
- Counsellors and Social Workers qualified with a BSc or MSc in Psychology or an MSW
- A heavily subsidized course fee of Rs. 1,500/- (Rupees thousand five hundred) will be applicable.
- Course fee to be transferred online / deposited to IAPC Bank Account from any SBI branch
- Cheque / DD will not be accepted
How to apply
- Please email the completed application form along with a copy of your degree / PG / Diploma certificate, and receipt of course fee paid to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Last date to submit application: Saturday, 25th September 2021
- The virtual course will be delivered over weekends, as half day sessions from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The half day online sessions will be held on 9th, 10th, 16th, 17th and 23rd of October 2021
Download the Application Form Here