The Indian Association of Palliative Care (IAPC) currently runs two academic programs.
A. Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC)
IAPC’s Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC) was launched in November 2007 in 12 centers across the country; and is currently being delivered in 43 centers across the country.
This is a basic course in palliative care for doctors and nurses, and aims to inculcate the principles of palliative care in every day practice for doctors and nurses to improve patient care through proper communication and effective management of difficult symptoms.
The course has 2 components: Part A and Part B.
Successful completion of Part A will make one eligible:
- To understand basic concepts of PC.
- To teach and train others on how to manage difficult symptoms including intractable pain.
- Make you confident and empowered to handle difficult questions or situations that you will encounter in everyday practice.
Part B is more practical oriented, though optional. Successful completion of this segment will:
- Provide you with an opportunity to have a hands-on understanding of the concept of pain and symptom management.
- Enable you to effectively manage a patient who is on opioids as emphasis will be given on teaching opioid titration.
- Make you eligible for obtaining an RMI certificate for your organisation.
The course is currently being offered virtually, due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19.
Course Fee for the batch of July 2021
The course fee includes training fee, course materials and examination fee.
- Attendance is mandatory for all sessions.
- Classes can be attended virtually, however the online examination will need to be taken from the nearest IAPC authorised course center.
- It is essential to attend the online examinations using a windows powered laptop or desktop, as the examination platform does not support Android phones or tablets, Apple phones, laptops, ipads any other gadgets. Please note that smartphones, tablets and ipads are therefore not compatible for the examination platform.
The brochure provides further details of the course.
CCEPC Application Form
Please click here to view and download the application form.
IAPC Authorised Course Centres
Please click here to view and download the list of IAPC Authorised Course Centers.
B. IAPC Academy
The IAPC Academy was launched on 29th June 2020 as an initiative of the Indian Association of Palliative Care.
The first initiative of the Academy was the launch of a free online training series aiming to provide expert training to the future leaders of palliative care physicians (especially the MD Palliative Medicine students), by eminent faculty from the field of Palliative Medicine.
As the National Association for palliative care, the IAPC felt that it was its duty to leverage the access it enjoyed with pioneers and expert faculty from the field of Palliative Medicine across the globe, to facilitate and create opportunities to empower students as they learnt from the collective treasure of experience and knowledge of these pioneers and experts.
The series also aims to provide students with a unique opportunity to learn, observe, interact and network with Palliative Care Physicians from across the country so that their knowledge base expands beyond their institutional/regional boundaries.
How to register for the sessions?
Those interested to attend and participate in the sessions, are requested to drop us an email at email@example.com along with your name, designation, affiliation, contact number and an expression of intent to participate in these sessions.
How will the sessions be delivered?
The virtual sessions will be presented via the Zoom Platform.
How to attend the sessions?
Participants will receive an email with the Zoom invitation link one or two days before the session.
Important guidelines to be adhered to while participating in the sessions
All participants are requested to adhere to the below guidelines while attending the sessions:
- Please join the session by 6:20 a.m. so that the speakers are not disturbed during their presentation
- Kindly ensure that you clearly identify yourself and display your name when you sign-in. Non compliance of this will not allow you to join the sessions
- Please ensure that your microphone is on mute while the speaker is presenting
- Please be conscious towards ensuring that your video is switched on only when you want it to be so
- Feel free to share your queries and comments through the ‘Chat option’ while the session is in progress
- You are welcome to participate and enrich the discussions that will follow the presentation for the day
- Please be respectful towards the sessions, the speakers and your fellow participants
Please click here to view and download the complete schedule of the IAPC Academy series.
Click here to view recordings of the lectures conducted thus far.