Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC)
The IAPC’s Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care (CCEPC) was launched in November 2007 in 12 centers across the country. Over the years, the course has become popular and is currently being delivered in over 50 centers across the country.
The basic course in palliative care for doctors and nurses, aims to inculcate the principles of palliative care in every day practice for doctors and nurses to improve patient care through proper communication and effective management of difficult symptoms.
The course began to be offered virtually, due to the restrictions imposed by COVID-19. The course is currently offered virtually with 7 online batches being delivered successfully till date.
The 8th online batch of the course will be held in January 2024.
- Doctors (MBBS, BDS)
- Nurses (BSc Nursing, GNM)
- The course will be delivered in two parts: A mandatory theory ‘Part A’ component and a practical hands-on ‘Part B’ component (recommended but optional)
- All candidates will have to virtually submit a reflective case history and also undertake an online examination after completing the ‘Part A’ theory component of the course.
- Candidates will have to secure 50% of the total marks in the theory examination and also secure 50% of total marks in the reflective case history to be eligible to proceed towards the ‘Part B’ component of the course.
- The theory ‘Part A’ component:
- These theory classes will be held as half day sessions over 3 weekends (Saturdays: 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Sundays: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.).
- The dates for the January 2024 batch: 6th, 7th, 20th, 21st, 27th and 28th January, 2024
- Select Clinical sessions will be held separately for Doctors and Nurses.
- Successful completion of ‘Part A’ will make one eligible:
- To understand basic concepts of PC.
- To teach and train others on how to manage difficult symptoms including intractable pain.
- Make you confident and empowered to handle difficult questions or situations that you will encounter in everyday practice.
- The practical ‘Part B’ component:
- This is an optional (though recommended) practical 10-day hands-on training that candidates can pursue at an IAPC authorised course center.
- ‘Part B’ will need to be completed within 1 year from the date of publication of the examination results
- Successful completion of ‘Part B’ will:
- Provide you with an opportunity to have a hands-on understanding of the concept of pain and symptom management.
- Enable you to effectively manage a patient who is on opioids as emphasis will be given on teaching opioid titration.
- Make you eligible for obtaining an RMI certificate for your organisation.
- Doctors: Rs. 10,000/-
- Nurses: Rs. 4,000/-
- The course fee includes the training fee, the examination fee and the course material.
- Please click here to submit the e-application form.
- Please ensure that you hit the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the e-application page to record your submission.
- Please note:
- Once you submit your e-application, you will receive an email confirmation to denote the successful submission of your e-application.
- Please check your spam / junk folders as well for the same.
- If you don’t receive the acknowledgement email within 24 hours, then please connect with the concerned course coordinator from your preferred IAPC Authorised course center.
- Please keep the following documents / information handy before you begin to submit the e-application form:
- E copy of your educational certificates.
- Details and the copy of the fee receipt paid towards the course.
- Please click here to view and download the list of IAPC Authorised Course Centers.
Last date to register for the course:
- Last date to submit application is Saturday, 30th December, 2023
- Attendance (with video) is mandatory for all the theory sessions. Those who fail to switch on their camera’s will be marked absent for the session.
- Candidates with only 100% attendance in all of the theory sessions will be allowed to attend the examination.
- Please note that recordings from the sessions will not be shared due to copyright issues. Please ensure that you attend the live sessions.
- Please ensure that arrangements are made to ensure uninterrupted and good internet connectivity. Candidates unable to attend sessions due to connectivity issues will be considered as absent.
- Theory sessions will be interactive and candidates must therefore dedicate time exclusively to attend the sessions. Please note that candidates ARE NOT allowed to participate in the sessions while they are on duty.
- Candidates are requested to attend the theory sessions using their laptops. Please avoid attending the sessions using phones or tablets, as it will cause distraction.
- Candidates are requested to login 10 minutes before the start of the session.
- Classes can be attended virtually, however the online examination will need to be taken from the nearest IAPC authorised course center.
- It is essential to attend the online examinations using a windows powered laptop or desktop only, as the examination platform does not support other devices (Android phones or tablets, Apple phones, laptops, iPads any other gadgets). Please note that smartphones, tablets and iPads are therefore not compatible for the examination platform.
Click here to view and download the CCEPC Brochure for the batch of January 2024.
Click here to view and download the CCEPC Schedule for the batch of January 2024.
Click here to apply online for CCEPC batch of January 2024.
For downloading on smartphones, please tap and hold your finger on the buttons above. This will open up a menu. Tap ‘Download link’ from that menu.