Be careful, not fearful
COVID-19 Guideline Documents
Our support to Doctors, Nurses and all others who are in the forefront of this battle against COVID-19. In this unexpected crisis, we don’t have a road map to follow; still we are fighting with all available resources. Please see a set of guidelines, articles and information bulletins on COVID-19, which are useful tools for healthcare professionals as well as public. Have a look, follow the guidelines, and stay safe.Page 1
- Mock Drill for Emergency Responses for Handling COVID-19 Cases.
- Advisory on Social Distancing Measures.
- Guidance for COVID-19 Surveillance.
- Lab Testing Advisory.
- Infection Prevention and Control.
- Infection Control Measures to Protect Patients and Staff.
- Guidelines for Home Quarantine.
- The Psychological Impact of Quarantine.
- Caring for Patients.
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: Guidelines on the Management of Criticalli Ill Adults.
- Covid 19- Guidelines on Dead Body Management.
- ICS Guideline for Prone Positioning of the Concious COVID Patient 2020.
- COVID-19 Preparedness Document.
- APSF/ASA Guidance on Purposing Anesthesia Machines as ICU Ventilators.
- COVID-19 Pneumonia: ARDS or not?
- COVID-19 ARDS Ventilator PEEP Titration Protocol.
- COVID-19 Pneumonia: Different Respiratory Treatment for different Phenotypes?
- Effect of Lung Recruitment and Titrated Positive End-Expiratory Pressure (PEEP) vs Low PEEP on Mortality in Patients With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome.
- Extubation of Patients of COVID-19.
- Extubation Guidelines of COVID-19 Patients.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Anaesthesia and Perioperative Care Providers.
- Joint Statement on Multiple Patients per Ventilator.
- Respiratory Support for patients with COVID-19 infection.
- Intensive Care Management of Coronavirus disease 2019.
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign.
- Interprofessional Spiritual Care in the time of COVID-19.
- Clinical Management of COVID-19: Interim Guidance – WHO.
- Interim U.S. Guidance for Risk Assessment & Work Restrictions for Healthcare Personnel with Potential Exposure to COVID-19.
- Newer Additional Strategies for COVID-19 Testing: Advisory on Rapid Antigen Test for COVID-19 by ICMR.
- Mental Health Issues & Support for Healthcare Wworkers during COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Ethics-based Decision-making in a COVID-19 Pandemic Crisis.
- The Dos and Don’ts for Post-discharge COVID patients.
- COVID-19 Pandemic and Mental Health.
- Psychosocial First Aid for children affected by Covid-19: A manual for first responders.
- The ‘Management of Covid-19 in Children’ guidelines are published by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, GoI.
- The ICMR’s manual for Health Care Professionals to provide Psychosocial Support to family members in bereavement in the time of COVID-19.
Find the guidelines published by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India Here
Find the documents of Position Statement of the Indian Association of Palliative Care Here
Read or download the documents on Ventilator Strategies Here
Palliative Care Services in the light of COVID-19 Infection
Here you can read a series on the Struggle and Challenges faced by Palliative Care Service Providers, Patients and Carers during this COVID-19 Pandemic. We hope, a platform to share experiences and strategies adapted by service providers will be helpful for all working in the same field.
My Experience from the battle fields of a COVID Hospital – Dr. Ram Singh, AIIMS, New Delhi The constantly evolving novel corona virus infection and the havoc it unleashed has created a lot of clamor among…
Holistic care at Home: Golden Butterflies’ efforts to help child-patients and families cope during COVID-19 – Aneka Paul, Stella Matthew, Ramalakshmi V. Chennai The novel coronavirus (SARS CoV-2) spread worldwide, lakhs of people succumbed to COVID-19…
Covid-19 pandemic and Mental Health: Experiences of Organising Services at a Mental Health Care Institution A monograph by AIIMS, New Delhi The Department of Psychiatry & National Drug Dependence Treatment Centre (NDDTC), All India Institute of…
Vidhi Center for Legal Policy and The End of Life Care in India Task Force (ELICIT) continue their efforts to improve the end of life care in India as they develop the model legal framework 2.0….
Palliative Care Needs of People Affected by Epidemics of Life-Threatening Infections and other causes
Traditionally, humanitarian healthcare response has focused primarily on saving lives and has lacked a concerted focus on preventing and relieving suffering. Yet the principles of humanitarianism explicitly require prevention and alleviation of human suffering, and the… more…
ECHO Series on COVID-19
An Initiative by Indian Association of Palliative Care and supported by Hyderabad Centre for Palliative Care & Two Worlds Cancer Collaboration.
Sharing Experiences WEEK 9 Get infected with COVID-19 during patient care, develop symptoms, fall severely sick, breathless, and weak, and fight to survive lonely- this is the unbelievable story of Dr. Solomon S. Pudi, a specialty…
Exploring Equitable Care WEEK 8
Understanding COVID-19 Pandemic; pathophysiology, presentation and epidemiological & its implications The session on Understanding COVID-19 Pandemic was held on 14th May 2020.Speakers and Topics: Dr. Anant Mohan, Professor, Pulmonology, AIIMS New Delhi: Key features of COVID in Respiratory…
Supporting Children Who are Infected or Affected by COVID Pandemic It is the role of Palliative Care Community to ensure basic needs of children to be satisfied, support their emotional needs, and guide parents/ care givers…
Read more about ECHO Series here