IAPC’s Certificate course in managing psychosocial issues of patients with chronic illnesses in Palliative Care settings
The diagnosis of a chronic illness can be life-altering to patients and their families, impacting not only their physical health but also their mental health. The accompanying stress and grief can trigger psychological morbidity, with the patients and their families trying to cope with these life-altering experiences.
The content of the course is curated to facilitate participants understand the psychosocial and spiritual issues that impact the quality of life of patients with chronic illness and their families. This course will further equip participants with the basic skills required to counsel and communicate with patients / caregivers in such situations.
- To provide an overview of psycho-socio-spiritual issues of patients and their caregivers with life-limiting conditions
- To explore the importance of impactful communication and techniques for breaking bad news, discussing prognostication, and goals of care
- To describe the coping mechanisms employed by patients /caregivers and the pathway for adaptation
- To discuss the Interventions to manage psychosocial and spiritual distress
- The virtual course will be delivered over 1 week in December (3 hours over weekends; 2 hours over weekdays)
- Course dates: Sunday, 3rd December, 2023, to Saturday, 9th December, 2023 (both dates included)
- Please refer to the Schedule for complete details
Who can apply?
This program will be useful for:
- Doctors qualified in MBBS or BDS
- Nurses qualified in BSc Nursing or GNM
- Counsellors and Psychologists qualified with a BSc or an MSc in Psychology
- Social Workers qualified with an MSW
- A heavily subsidized course fee of 1,500/- (Rupees One thousand five hundred only) will be applicable.
- Course fee to be transferred online / deposited into the IAPC’s Bank Account (Details mentioned in the application form)
- Physical Cheque / DD will not be accepted
How to apply
Please email the below documents to email@example.com
- The completed application form
- A copy of your Degree/ PG/ Diploma certificate
The Last date to submit application: Friday, 1st December, 2023
- Attendance is mandatory (with video) for all sessions. Those who fail to switch on their camera will be marked absent for the session
- Certificates will be issued to only those candidates with 100% attendance in all sessions and who have participated actively in the sessions
- Please note that recordings from the sessions will not be shared due to copyright issues. Please ensure that you attend the live sessions
- Please ensure that you have an uninterrupted and good internet connectivity. Candidates unable to attend sessions due to connectivity issues will be considered as absent.
- Sessions will be interactive and candidates must therefore dedicate time exclusively to attend the sessions
- Candidates are requested to attend the sessions using their laptops. Please avoid attending the sessions using phones or tablets, as it will cause distraction
- Candidates are requested to login 10 minutes before the start of the session
For downloading on smartphones, please tap and hold your finger on the buttons above. This will open up a menu. Tap ‘Download link’ from that menu.