Announcements / Messages from IAPC
Register for the IAPC’s upcoming virtual AGBM on Saturday, 12th February, 2022!
We invite you to mark your calendars for the IAPC’s virtual Annual General Body Meeting (AGBM) scheduled to be held on Saturday, 12th February, 2022, between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
Please note that you will have to register in advance and that registration is mandatory if you wish to participate in the IAPC’s upcoming AGBM. Please click here to register for the AGBM. Alternatively, you could also register by filling in the registration form available at the IAPC website.
Please note that you will not be able to participate in the AGBM if your email address and mobile number is not pre-registered, as the login credentials will be sent to your pre-registered email address only.
Update: Singing for the Stars: A musical collaboration between the Shankar Mahadevan Academy Nirvana and the IAPC
At 4 p.m. on Tuesday, 4th January, 2022, several palliative care patients and their families, and palliative care providers from across the country, logged in virtually to participate in a virtual evening of Harmonies ‘Singing for the Stars’. ‘Singing for the Stars’ is a musical collaboration between the Shankar Mahadevan Academy (SMA) Nirvana and the Indian Association of Palliative Care to provide a series of virtual evenings of harmonies for patients and their families to unwind and relax while also aiming to advocate for palliative care across the nation.
The inaugural session of the series was an energy packed session, delivered by Mr. Kartik Raman, the famous Singer, Composer and Educator. The evening of smiles, dances and songs was delivered via Zoom and also live streamed on Facebook, and was attended by over 200 adults and children.
Mr. Kartik sang popular hindi and telugu numbers which saw our patients audience grooving to the music. Ms. Noor, Mr. Khogul and Mr. Sooraj also sang popular numbers which were well received by the audience. Dr. Shankar Mahadevan shared a pre-recorded audio message to the palliative care community, in which he highlights the power of music to heal and soothe people.
Please click here to watch the recorded session of the virtual evening.
Results from the IAPC’s virtual Elections have been announced!
The IAPC’s virtual elections, for the office bearers of IAPC, was held virtually between 9 a.m. on Friday, 21st January, 2022, and 9 p.m. on Sunday, 23rd January, 2022.
The IAPC Elections were held for the post of President, Secretary Elect and Central Council Members. Voting was however not required for the below mentioned posts as the number of candidates contesting for these posts was equal to the number of vacancies. Voting was therefore not held for the post of:
- Secretary Elect
- Central Council Members – North Zone
- Central Council Members – North East Zone
- Central Council Members – South Zone
- Central Council Members – West Zone (for the one year term 2022 – 2023)
The IAPC also takes this opportunity to extend our gratitude and thanks to Dr. Dinesh Goswami, Dr. Gayatri Palat and Dr. Sukdev Nayak, members of the IAPC’s Election Committee, for their constant support and commitment towards ensuring the smooth conduct of the elections.
Please click here to view the results of the IAPC Elections 2022.
Congratulations to the new team!
Update: IAPCON 2022
The organizing committee of the 29th International Conference of the Indian Association of Palliative Care (IAPCON), 2022, is bubbling with excitement to share the below updates:
- Buzzing with ideas? Or did you find a super cool way of doing something effectively? Well, here is the platform to share your innovations, techniques and various out-of-the box indigenous solutions to help improve the delivery of palliative medicine and palliative care. Register now for the session on ‘Contemporary inventions in Palliative Care: Innovations, techniques and out-of-the box solutions’ to leverage the platform to present your myriad ideas to the palliative care community. Your ideas could fit anywhere in the spectrum ranging from communication, clinical care, spiritual support, nursing care, smart use of social media, advocacy, Improving volunteer engagement or simply improving networking with existing providers, etc.
Dr. Babita Varkey is incharge of this inspiring session. Please reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any queries as you begin to unravel your ideas.
- The organizing team of IAPCON 2022, is eager to share that this year’s Annual Inter Zonal Quiz Competition will be open to both Doctors and Nurses. Each team will constitute 4 Doctors / Physicians and 1 Nurse. Teams will be grouped into Zones as they battle each other in 4 high-spirited rounds. Click here to register and for further information about the energy packed Inter Zonal Quiz!
Please feel free to connect with either Dr Shrenik (9970975241) or Dr Pallavi (9910165835) in case of further queries.
- Click here to read Dr Anjum Khan’s (organizing secretary, IAPCON 2022) interesting interview in which she shares her thoughts and other updates about the preparations for IAPCON 2022.
The conference is scheduled to be held between Friday, the 11th to Sunday, the 13th February 2022; with the pre-conference workshops being organized on Thursday, 10th February, 2022.
Please visit the conference website for further details and to register for the various events.
Update your details in the IAPC’s National PC Directory!
We are in the process of updating the IAPC’s National PC directory and we absolutely CANNOT do that WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT!
We request you to please check and update (existing centers) or add (for new centers) the relevant details by clicking here.
Once you click on the link,
- Please select the State from the drop down menu to check details of your center.
- Then choose to either update details of an existing center OR add the relevant details for a new center by clicking on the button provided in the right column of the web page.
- Once completed, please click the ‘Submit’ button to record your responses.
Your invaluable support towards creating an updated directory (State Wise) will ensure that no patient is left behind and help improve access to palliative care services.
So common, do your bit to help someone in need!