Certificate Course in Palliative Care Pharmacy (CCPCP)
The IAPC’s ‘Certificate Course in Palliative Care Pharmacy’ (CCPCP) was launched on 29th December, 2021.
This is a basic course which aims to equip participants with adequate knowledge of commonly used drugs in Palliative Care for pain management and to manage other symptoms. The course will also cover Essential Narcotic Drugs and Narcotic Drugs, along with the technical legalities to procure, store, dispense and document the same.
The 7 hour course will be delivered in two parts; a virtual 4.5 hour Part A module and an in-person 2.5 hour Part B module.
Part A of the batch of March 2024, will be held on Saturday, 16th March, 2024.
- This includes 4.5 hours of online theory classes.
- This module will cover
- Principles and concepts of Palliative Care.
- Management of pain and other common symptoms in palliative care.
- Licensing and legalities of NDPS Act / Narcotic drugs (theory).
- This will include a 2.5 hour hands-on training in a palliative care pharmacy.
- This module needs to be undertaken within two months of completing the Part A module.
- This module will be available at any of the IAPC authorized course centres for this course.
- This module will cover
- Procuring, stocking, storage and dispensing of Narcotic Drugs.
- Documentation of narcotic drugs.
- Educating and training the patient’s caregivers and the multidisciplinary team, including drug review.
- Case discussion (A minimum of two case scenarios. Logbooks will be provided).
- This course is primarily designed for candidates with a Diploma or a Degree in Pharmacy.
- Doctors (MBBS, BDS) are also eligible to attend, however please note that completion of this course WILL NOT MAKE one eligible to apply for the RMI certification for their institution.
- We encourage centers who are procuring, storing and dispensing opioids to enroll their pharmacists to join this course.
- Please click here to submit the e-application form.
- Please ensure that you hit the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the e-application page to record your submission.
- Please note:
- Once you submit your e-application, you will receive an email confirmation to denote the successful submission of your e-application.
- Please check your spam / junk folders as well for the same.
- If you don’t receive the acknowledgement email within 24 hours, then please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please keep the following documents / information handy before you begin to submit the e-application form:
- E copy of your educational certificates.
- Details and the copy of the fee receipt paid towards the course.
- Please click here to view and download the list of IAPC Authorised Course Centers.
- Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for Part A and Part B of the course.
Last Date to register for the course:
- 5 p.m. on Saturday, 9th March, 2024.
- Attendance is mandatory (with video) for all sessions. Those who fail to switch on their camera’s will be marked absent for the session.
- Candidates with only 100% attendance in all sessions will be eligible to receive completion certificates.
- Please note that recordings from the lectures will not be shared due to copyright issues. Please ensure that you attend the live sessions.
- Please ensure that arrangements are made to ensure uninterrupted and good internet connectivity. Candidates unable to attend sessions due to connectivity issues will be considered as absent.
- Sessions will be interactive and candidates must therefore dedicate time exclusively to attend the sessions. Please note that candidates ARE NOT allowed to participate in the sessions while they are on duty.
- Candidates are requested to attend the sessions using their laptops. Please avoid attending the sessions using phones or tablets, as it will cause distraction.
- Candidates are requested to login 10 minutes before the start of the session.
For downloading on smartphones, please tap and hold your finger on the buttons above. This will open up a menu. Tap ‘Download link’ from that menu.