Certificate Course in Palliative Care Pharmacy (CCPCP)
The IAPC’s ‘Certificate Course in Palliative Care Pharmacy’ (CCPCP) was launched on 29th December, 2021.
This is a basic course which aims to equip participants with adequate knowledge of commonly used drugs in Palliative Care for pain management and to manage other symptoms. The course will also cover Essential Narcotic Drugs and Narcotic Drugs, along with the technical legalities to procure, store, dispense and document the same.
The 7 hour course will be delivered in two parts; a virtual 4.5 hour Part A module and an in-person 2.5 hour Part B module.
Part A of the batch of September 2022, will be held on Sunday, 25th September, 2022, to commemorate the World Pharmacist Day.
- This includes 4.5 hours of online theory classes.
- This module will cover
- Principles and concepts of Palliative Care.
- Management of pain and other common symptoms in palliative care.
- Licensing and legalities of NDPS Act / Narcotic drugs (theory).
- This will include a 2.5 hour hands-on training in a palliative care pharmacy.
- This module needs to be undertaken within two months of completing the Part A module.
- This module will be available at any of the IAPC authorized course centres for this course (list of IAPC authorized centers will be announced shortly).
- This module will cover
- Procuring, stocking, storage and dispensing of Narcotic Drugs.
- Documentation of narcotic drugs.
- Educating and training the patient’s caregivers and the multidisciplinary team, including drug review.
- Case discussion (A minimum of two case scenarios. Logbooks will be provided).
- This course is primarily designed for candidates with a Diploma or a Degree in Pharmacy.
- We encourage centers who are procuring, storing and dispensing opioids to enroll their pharmacists to join this course.
- Please email the completed Application form, a copy of the receipt of the course fee paid to the IAPC account and a copy of your Degree / Diploma certificate to email@example.com.
- Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) for Part A and Part B of the course.
Last Date to register for the course:
- Friday, 23rd September, 2022. (email all relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Part B will need to be completed within two months from the date of completing Part A of the module.
- Attendance is mandatory (with video) for all sessions. Those who fail to switch on their camera’s will be marked absent for the session.
- Candidates with only 100% attendance in all sessions will be eligible to receive completion certificates.
- Please ensure that arrangements are made to ensure uninterrupted and good internet connectivity. Candidates unable to attend sessions due to connectivity issues will be considered as absent.
- Sessions will be interactive and candidates must therefore dedicate time exclusively to attend the sessions. Please note that candidates ARE NOT allowed to participate in the sessions while they are on duty.
- Candidates are requested to attend the sessions using their laptops. Please avoid attending the sessions using phones or tablets, as it will cause distraction.
- Candidates are requested to login 10 minutes before the start of the session.
Click Here for the list of IAPC Authorised Course Centers offering Part B of the course.