DNipCare (Delhites’ National Initiative in Palliative Care) conducted a Workshop for the Nursing fraternity including Nursing Students of Base Hospital, Delhi Cantt., on Saturday, 24th November 2018 in Nalanda Auditorium of the Hospital.
Lectures delivered by Faculties included:
- Introduction and Need of Palliative Care: Dr. Rathi Balachandran, ADG (Nursing), MoHFW, Govt. of India.
- Communication and Breaking Bad News: Prof (Dr) A.T. Kora, Nursing Superintendent, St. Stephen’s Hospital, Delhi.
- Role of Nurse in Palliative Care: Prof (Dr) A.T. Kora, Nursing Superintendent, St. Stephen’s Hospital, Delhi.
- Management of Chronic Pain: Dr. Puneet Rathore, IRCH, AIIMS,New Delhi.
- Stoma and Lymphedema Care: Ms. Shashi Sharma (MSc N, Oncology), Nursing Officer, IRCH, AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Professional Self Care for Nurses: Mrs. Reeta Dar, MScN, MPH, Health Education Officer (Nursing), Central Health Education Bureau, Delhi.
- Community Based Palliative Care: K. V. Hamza, General Secretary, DNipCare.
Commandant Major Gen. A. S. Sandhu inaugurated the Workshop presided over by Brig. H. V. Gomathi (Principal Matron) and jointly coordinated by Lt. Col Aparajitha Shukhla and Mr. Suresh Thaliyaril, Secretary, DNipCare,Member IAPC, Mr. Cyriac Antony, Economic Adviser, Finance Commission and Treasurer DNipCare handed over the certificates to the participants.