Cardiff University and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) are again able to offer Distance Learning Scholarships to support 10 healthcare professionals in India and neighbouring commonwealth countries to enroll on The Cardiff University MSc in Palliative Medicine for Healthcare Professionals starting in September 2020. The scholarships will fund the student’s full Cardiff University course fees, and the flights and other expenses for successful applicants to attend residential teaching in the UK in September 2020.
The scholarships are most suitable for those who have previously undertaken education in palliative care, are working with large numbers of patients with palliative care needs, are working within a palliative care service or are interested in setting up new palliative care services.
Applications are now open Students must complete TWO electronic applications – one to Cardiff University and one to the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission.
Applications cannot be considered unless they fulfill all criteria listed for each institution.
Timescales are tight and the deadlines are strict.
If you have any queries related to this, please email to the contact email given below:
Application 1 – Cardiff University
Select your suitable starting date and click on the green ‘APPLY NOW’ button after visiting the Cardiff University website Here
- Graduated in medicine or a profession allied to medicine (nursing, physiotherapy, occupation therapy, pharmacy and dentistry), or nurses with the RGN qualification. AND
- Have current professional registration with the appropriate health professional regulatory body for their chosen health care profession prior to and for the full duration of the programme. AND
- Be currently working in a clinical role including caring for patients with palliative care needs and having gained at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience in this setting.
Please pay close attention to the English Language requirements and guidance on referees as failure to provide the correct information may result in delay.
When you have received an offer letter from Cardiff University you need to upload this with your Commonwealth Scholarship Application (see next page). Therefore, complete the Cardiff University Application as soon as possible.
Application 2 – Commonwealth Scholarship Commission Distance Learning Scholarships
Visit the link Here
This takes you to a page where you can –
- Find out more about eligibility, terms and conditions, the selection process and how to apply for a scholarship.
- Access the online application form.
For considering your application, candidates will need the following:
- Copy of valid passport or national ID card showing photograph, date of birth, and country of citizenship – uploaded to the online application system.
- At least one reference – submitted directly by the referee to the CSC online application system. Referees will be sent an email request however applicants are responsible for seeking permission from their referees in advance of submitting their application; for ensuring that their referees are available to complete the reference by the deadline; and that the referees have received the reference request email.
- An offer letter from Cardiff University to start chosen course of study in the 2019-2020 academic year – uploaded to the online application system.
- Full transcripts detailing all higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system.
All applications must be submitted by 16.00 (GMT) on 13 April 2020. Your application must include all required supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on 04 May 2020 for your application to be eligible for consideration.
Please ensure that your name appears the same in both applications.